Friday, June 8, 2012

11.5 months

I've been meaning to sit down and write for some time but I've actually been busy!  I have nothing earth shattering to report.  The progress continues, sometimes at a snail's pace but never actually coming to a complete halt.

I'm having one of the richest experiences right now in fostering an amazing friendship.  I'm learning a lot about myself but above that I am just feeling so blessed to have this girl in my life.  I have noticed a shift in my "need" of the counsellors here from being incessant to much more occasional.  I enjoy being in touch with them but I dont' have to be as I did just a couple of weeks ago.  I'm confirming what I Knew?  No, I'm experiencing what I hoped in being able to find what I need in the "real" people in my life.  I love my counsellors and I know I will have them in my life forever but it's a great thing to know that there will be a day when I don't even have counsellors, I have friends and that/s what I need.

There is a saying that's something like, "Friends are the best therapists" and it's so true.  Not in that I require them to sort out my convoluted thoughts - that's still my counsellors' role - but that friends know how to reach the Me that's inside and bring her out and how could I want anything more?

So on that note, I apologize for the absence and I will write something in more detail soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment